Phone : +32 (0)2 537 11 10
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Serge Dufrene graduated from the University of Brussels (Université Libre de Bruxelles) and is a member of the Brussels Bar since 1982 and a member of the Paris Bar since 2009.
His career developed through :
- legal education:
- he was a teaching assistant at the University of Brussels (Université Libre de Bruxelles) from 1986 until 2009);
- he was a professor in the permanent formation courses for judges, organized by the Ministry of Justice;
- he was a professor in the professional training course for lawyers, organized by the Brussels bar;
- scientific activities:
- he received two scientific awards: the award of the review ‘Journal des Tribunaux’ (1984) and the award Jean-Jacques Boels (1988);
- he was a speaker at several scientific seminars and conferences;
- he is the author of numerous publications.
His daily practice concerns business law, including intellectual property law; his significant experience as a lawyer, as well as his quality of substitute counselor at the Court of Appeal of Brussels and his former experience as a judicial law teacher allow him to naturally apprehend both the complexes judicial proceedings and the arbitration.
His expertise has been officially recognised by the Council of the Order of the Brussels’Bar which has authorised him to carry both the titles of Specialist in Intellectual Property Rights and Specialist in Judicial Law (civil and commercial procedures). The combination of these specialties corresponds to the Anglo-Saxon profile of IP Litigator.